Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just discovered an old account of mine has 1500 pound in it - how can I get the money?

(3 Posts)
NorkyButNice Wed 15-Jul-09 10:47:36

If I take my passport into the branch will they just give me the money? I don't have an active cash card or cheque book for the account, and the account is still registered to my parent's house which I moved out of 8 years ago.

Because I don't have a cash card number I can't get through on the telephone banking, and I can't get onto online banking because I don't have one of those PIN generating things.

In fact, I'd just like to close the account and move the money to another bank - I presume I can do that in a branch?

LadyOfWaffle Wed 15-Jul-09 10:49:12

Passport is fine, (ring beforehand for that amount in one day), or if same bank ring through to an accuont you know and ask about your other one, and transfer the money. I do this all the time.

NorkyButNice Wed 15-Jul-09 10:56:42

Great, thanks. I'll give them a call.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: