Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

'EXTRA COVER' ON COOKER - if we buy this, knowing something is broke ...

(2 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Fri 10-Jul-09 13:26:59

Basically, the oven door is smashed, the outer door, I can't cook properly with that part of the cooker.

We got a letter saying we can get over for our item for £69.99

the cost of fixing the dorr is £140.

Can I take out this cover knowing I have this issue and how can I find out if the exra warrenty covers the broken glas??

risingstar Fri 10-Jul-09 19:02:02

several things- not legally as it is not a fair bet on the insurance company offering the cover- it is insurance against something happening after the cover comes into force.
however, is it a built in cooker? if so probably covered on your buildings insurance. if it is freestanding and/or you rent, it might be covered on your contents- assuming that it is accidentally been damaged.


Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now