Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Can CTC do this??

(6 Posts)
lisad123 Fri 10-Jul-09 11:03:11

They over paid me a few years back, their mistake not mine, but their word against mine type. I have just done my award notice and they have written and said I will recieve nothing at all!! Not a penny. They went from paying me £78 (they knew about the overpayment at this point) and then done to £10 a week, and now nothing!! My childcare goes up again after sept too
Also had a letter to say Darren wont get DLA, and Im sure its because his cancer doctor didnt fill in his forms and send back. They went off the GP report hmm

Sorry to moan, Its justa bad money day, cant believe they have done this to me

lisad123 Fri 10-Jul-09 11:40:43

anyone?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 10-Jul-09 11:43:30

You can appeal against all of this. The CAB are a really useful source of advice and help, you should go and speak to them, take everything with you. The appointment system where I live is odd, it's first come first served but they will give you an appointment if you have children.

lisad123 Fri 10-Jul-09 11:52:33

I hate talking about money though, get myself in a right state blush

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Fri 10-Jul-09 19:43:11

Just take all of the documentation with you and they will go over it and call them up for you. Don't worry about getting anxious, I used to volunteer in a CAB office and they can cope with anything.

Legally speaking, if they made the mistake then they shouldn't be penalising you for it so you really do need to take the bull by the horns and kick up a stink.

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 11-Jul-09 09:48:42

If they made a mistake, then you can challenge it and, if proven, they will have to write off the overpayment.

However, it depends on what the mistake was and if you knew about it - ie an error on the award notice that was never amended etc upon receipt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now