Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

help with experian

(6 Posts)
almostanangel Wed 18-May-05 14:03:34

ok thanks in advance ,,i have recieved my credit report ,,hardly anything on it ,,is that good or bad? only bad is an old ccj which was paid in full 3 years ago but it doesnt say paid on there ,,so rang court they said paid but need to send a letter from the origanal debters solicitors so phoned them they sending copy so that will be that also am not on electorial roll as moved recently so phoned council done that..other debts we paid last year arenot on there is that right ? once you paid they go? oh think thats it ,,thank you

almostanangel Wed 18-May-05 14:04:26

oh and do i need to check other credit check agents to see if anything else is there or does this one have them all

Hausfrau Wed 18-May-05 14:09:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bonym Wed 18-May-05 14:11:06

Check Equifax as well - they sometimes show things that are not on Experian. You need to forward proof that you have paid the CCJ to Experian so that they can amend their records.
With regard to your other debts - it depends what they were. Late payments on cards etc will show as no. of months paid late -ie. 0 is paid on time, 1 is 1 month late, 2, 2 months etc. Other debts will only show if they went to court, otherwise there won't be any record. hth

otto Wed 18-May-05 14:12:03

There is another agency called Equifax. It should hold the same details, but it's probably worth checking. When you say debts, do you mean loans and cards, or arrears? Repaid loans and cards won't appear unless you fell behind with repayments. Arrears may not always appear on your file, it depends on the repayment arrangment you had with the company you owed the money to. I think with most companies you have to be in arrears for a couple of months for it to show up on your file. HTH

almostanangel Wed 18-May-05 14:37:03

thanks for your help all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now