Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

My Incapacity Benefit has been stopped

(9 Posts)
spod Tue 17-May-05 21:40:18

Message deleted

JPM Tue 17-May-05 21:41:47

I'd be straight down to the doctors if I was you. Get him to write you a letter backiong up his original sick-note and send it off to them pronto!

spod Tue 17-May-05 21:43:41

Message deleted

spod Tue 17-May-05 21:44:17

Message deleted

Katemum Tue 17-May-05 21:45:35

You have a time limit for reviews and appeals, think it is still 28 days. Welfare Rights are usually very good at helping people through the review and appeals process.

spod Tue 17-May-05 23:00:41

Message deleted

darlingbud Sun 22-May-05 20:58:47

spod,

do you have a job to go back to? If you have there is a process called Access to Work which can help people with disabilities/health conditions stay in work. it helps them to obtain special aids and equipment such as chairs etc.

cori Sat 28-May-05 10:36:01

You are going to have appeal the descion. The letter should tell you how to do that. Write to them straight away to tell them. You will probably have to go to have a tribunal hearing. It will take a quite some time for the appeal to be heard. You should be entitiled to income support during this time.
Then start collecting evidence, your GP or any other medical proffesionals you see can write you a letter stating how your condition affects your daily life.
Also it useful to keep a diary of how you feel and how your condition is affecting you on a daily basis.
I helped one of my clients appeal against an Incapacity benefit decision. HE won, the diary influenced their decision because they could see that his condition prevented him from holding down a job.
ALso go to CAB and get advice, they will be able to help you prepare a case.

charliecat Sat 28-May-05 10:54:03

would disability allowance be any more appropriate? My brother had to apply for incapacity so he could be refused so then be entitled to disabiltity(?????) no i dont get that either...but they have different criteria.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now