Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Rip Off Black Horse Finance

(3 Posts)
MumtoCharlieandLola Mon 06-Jul-09 20:45:23

We are looking for a loan ATM, and we have have approached BH Finance through a broker website as they offered a deal of 7.9%

When we went through all the rigmarole of applying for the loan (16 minutes on the phone at a premium rate) the best they could do we 9.9% ! We have an excellent credit rating (999 according to Experian), we've been a BH finance customer for several purchases and thats the best they could do.

Its a total rip off, these companies lure you in with a good deal, then never offer the goods at the price they state. By the time you get to this stage, they have done a credit search and this affects your credit rating if you have too many of these.

The girl on the phone didn't give a s* when I complained. They also wanted us to come down to the finance place to bring proof of income, in this day and age ! and they weren't open Saturdays so we would have had to take time off to do it.

Anyone else had this experience with Black Horse ??? I am hopping !!!!

whomovedmychocolate Mon 06-Jul-09 21:16:42

That sounds crap. If you have a great credit rating why don't you go to the bank? Or try FTyourmoney.com they have a loans checker which shows what you can get.

Brokers cost quite a bit. I would go direct.

MumtoCharlieandLola Mon 06-Jul-09 22:40:43

Cheers wmmc, our friends friend is a finance guy and he is going to pop round and give us some advice.

Its just so frustrating and annoying !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now