Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone swapped to or with Eon.

(10 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 04-Jul-09 10:22:12

According to the website we could save nearly £1000 per year and would just like to know what they are like as obviously that is a huge saving.

crokky Sat 04-Jul-09 11:06:12

we are in the process of swapping to eon. Don't know if they will be any better than npower (it does seem to work out cheaper for us), but can always swap again!

weblette Sat 04-Jul-09 11:18:27

Fine so far, we've saved about £600 on our previous suppliers. The discounts come from having dual fuel, doing the account online, paying by direct debit - the usual stuff.

They want quite regular meter readings and review your account every six months to make sure the direct debits are at the right amount. Customer service people are good and friendly.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 04-Jul-09 11:21:20

Sounds good, we are not dual fuel though as no gas mains but anything is better than paying £268 a month sad

weblette Sat 04-Jul-09 12:01:57

We pay £200 a month for gas and electric for a 5 bed housing 6 people. Heck of

Bibithree Sat 04-Jul-09 12:16:52

We have a 3 bed semi for me, dh, dd1 and the dts. We pay Eon £80 a month for gas and electricty.

Tinker Sun 05-Jul-09 13:41:59

Same as bibi - 3 bed semi, 4 people, dual-fuel, on-line only account = £81 pm. And it's been that for approx 12 months. There were no rises when gas prices rose and everyone was fixing. I've tempted fate now of course.

FAQinglovely Mon 06-Jul-09 00:27:15

<<<<<can't wait to get shot of EON>>>>>>>

they're helpful - that is until you're having any sort of trouble paying your bills and then they turn into fuckers.

midlandsmumof4 Mon 06-Jul-09 01:29:36

We're with EON having changed from Npower. To be honest I took their for it that we would be better off blush.

Cosmosis Mon 06-Jul-09 16:48:40

We're with Eon, they've been fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now