Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Overdrafts???

(12 Posts)
charleepeters Mon 16-May-05 20:36:43

Hi this is a bit personal so dont feel you have to answer, i was just wondering if anyone has an overdraft and how many of you use it, we had to go into ours last month as our dog locked us out of the house so we had to pay a locksmith, and i just realised were always going to need it now, we payed it off when dp's wages went in so now were short again and have to use it again i was just wondering if anyone is in the same boat and would like a money moan with me lol!

nutcracker Mon 16-May-05 20:38:28

Yes we have 2. I have one on my account which is always up to the limit and so does dp. Basically we live on our overdrafts.

charleepeters Mon 16-May-05 20:39:48

thats what were gonna have to so our bank is empty except for the overdraft and we still got 2 weeks of the month left bugger money!

nutcracker Mon 16-May-05 20:41:20

Yeah thats how i feel frequently but thats just the way it is for us and i can't see it ever being any different as our outgoings are always more then incomings no matter how hard we cut back.

hotmama Mon 16-May-05 20:41:35

Got an overdraft facility with the Abbey which I use as a buffer but as I am on unpaid maternity leave at the moment I just ask dp for cash!

While I am maternity leave, I am making the most of 0% credit cards and transfer the balance - balance is due in November and I go back to work in August so should be O.K by then.

piffpaffpuff Mon 16-May-05 20:41:50

never ever

Hermione1 Mon 16-May-05 20:42:54

I have one and we always use it, can't afford not to now.

charleepeters Mon 16-May-05 20:43:07

im saying never ever to a credit card but had no choice but to get an overdraft like i said dog locked us out so we needed to get in and couldnt get the money anywhere else! lol at least im not the only one!

101StressPuppy Mon 16-May-05 20:43:18

I have one and use it every month, now if the CSA would just get their act together that would be a different story. I wish I didn't have to use it.

Newbarnsleygirl Mon 16-May-05 20:44:16

We have one. We don't make a habit of using it though, just when things are a bit tight.

juicychops Mon 16-May-05 21:43:50

We have an overdraft of £50 so its not too bad. Last year though we was into our overdraft by £900 as dp was signed off work for months. Had to get a loan to pay it back! so that has taught us to be more careful with our money

Mosschops30 Mon 16-May-05 22:02:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now