Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

where do i stand with ebay???

(6 Posts)
mad4myboys Wed 01-Jul-09 13:54:51

i sold a bunny alarm clock on ebay, it was new, but id thrown the box away as had been open, he decided he hated it so i put it as brand new but listed that it HAD been opened and was in a diff box. This was a month ago, today they have come back to me saying it doesnt work, that it has a fault, i said send it back to me and i'd refund it less the postage, they have just said, no we bought it in good faith, and that they will pay to send it back to me but they want postage refunded (original postage) aswell.

I had an issue with something i bought off ebay and sent it back to the person but had to pay for postage both ways. Any idea what i have to do?

LaurieFairyCake Wed 01-Jul-09 13:57:15

As far as I know you are not a shop and they are not entitled to the same guarantee as if you were. The ebay rules state that you can deduct postage.

Be aware though that they might give you negative feedback and you have to weigh up whether it's worth it or not.

Tortoise Wed 01-Jul-09 13:58:19

I don't think you should have to refund them after a month of them having the item.
How do you know they didn't break it in that time and are just trying it on?

Have they already left feedback?

Tortoise Wed 01-Jul-09 14:16:38

This page on Ebay is quite helpful.

35 days seem to be the limit on returning. It does also seem to depend on your returns policy (If you have one)

mad4myboys Wed 01-Jul-09 14:49:54

ive put on that i dont accept returns...but does this matter wether the good is faulty or not? OR if its brand new or used?

Tortoise Wed 01-Jul-09 18:00:20

If it had been faulty why have they not contacted you until a whole month later?

You could phone Ebay customer services to see what they recommend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now