Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Any free online payroll service for 1 employee

(6 Posts)
TracyK Mon 16-May-05 09:15:49

I am treasurer of our Village Hall and we employ 1 cleaning lady. I need to work out her tax and Ni and do year end returns for her.
I don't have any up to date payroll software to do it the easy way and I don't have time to work it out manually.
Any ideas?

crunchie Mon 16-May-05 09:27:25

My dh did our nanny's payroll and there is a simplified version that you can use a chart that the tax office give you. Do call up your local office and ask, even a total mathmatical idiot found he could do this easily. BTW does her hours change, or are they the same every week? If they are the same it is easy peasy the tax office gave dh all the numbers he needed and then it was the same each week, the difficulty was the runnning total

SaintGeorge Mon 16-May-05 09:30:22

Wages for a single employee should be straightforward enough to do manually. I have never seen free software and even basic packages can be quite pricey to buy.

Business Link might have some suggestions to make year end returns and the like easier.

KatieMac Mon 16-May-05 20:23:14

The IR will send you a CD rom and it's really easy
You write the numbers from the cd on to a P11 sheet (it's yellow) and print out a P60 at the end of the year

It's really easy - honest

Milliways Mon 16-May-05 21:27:21

Another thumbs up for the Inland Revenue CD. I do our church payroll of 2. You type in the monthly gross salary & it tells you all NI & tax figs that you require.

KatieMac Mon 16-May-05 21:29:50

And it's free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now