Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Trust Fund - Can you recommend an ethical CTF, or are they all just sharking b*%&$%ds?

(14 Posts)
EdwardBitMe Sun 28-Jun-09 07:48:55

Just realised that DS2's birthday is only 2 weeks away and I still haven't set up his CTF!
We'd really prefer is his/our money is not invested in tobacco companies etc, so we'd like a "clean" CTF provider.
Any suggestions?

bamboobutton Sun 28-Jun-09 08:01:31

i have no idea where the money is invested but we used the post office for our ds's ctf.

we chose it mainly because it can be managed online. haven't had any problems and seems a good service so far.

CherryChoc Sun 28-Jun-09 08:03:14

I have no idea but will lurk because I'd prefer an ethical CTF as well. We are going with the shares account - if it's really a concern and you can't find any info, you could go for the low risk interest account which don't do the investing at all.

EdwardBitMe Sun 28-Jun-09 08:20:58

We've got a stakeholder account for DS1, but I'm thinking of moving to an ethical account having read this years management review!
Most ethical accounts seem to be non-stakeholder though (and I think their fees are not regulated like a stakeholder)

EdwardBitMe Sun 28-Jun-09 08:23:22

Anyone heard of these guys?

EdwardBitMe Sun 28-Jun-09 08:49:05

Just a little bump

PDR Sun 28-Jun-09 09:03:14

Try the Coop, they claim to have ethical funds but I haven't actually looked into these claims hmm

curlygal Sun 28-Jun-09 09:13:45

DS's is with Family Investments and they offer an ethical option

Powdoc Sun 28-Jun-09 09:15:15

Yup, Co-op do an ethical CTF. There's details on their website.

MildredRoper Sun 28-Jun-09 09:20:46

We have an ethical one with Family Investments. The returns have been terrible this year, but I suppose that's the case all round.

whinegums Sun 28-Jun-09 09:43:21

Forester's Friendly Society - we have a non stakeholder ethical fund. There's benefits to membership too - lots of discounts, and discretionary funds for all sorts of things.

ElenorRigby Sun 28-Jun-09 18:21:41

DD's CTF is with the Co-op (Childrens Mutual)

Dysgu Sun 28-Jun-09 19:06:26

DD1 and DD2 both have CTFs with Children's Mutual. I can't remember the details but did a lot of research about ethical funds when setting one up for DD1. Just set the same thing up for DD2 when she came along last year.

ilovemydogandmrobama Sun 28-Jun-09 19:08:03

DD and DS have an ethical fund with Children's Mutual.

Got some Mothercare vouchers too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now