Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone applied for a 'budgeting loan?' Did you get it?

(4 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Sat 27-Jun-09 10:55:56

DH and I are seriously trying to sort our finnces, we have some money over due to creditors and so have applied for a budgeting loan to hopefully pay off some big overhanging chunks and help us get back on track.

Has anyone ever got one? What were the circumstances and were you awarded it, and what amount did you ask for?

Thanks

firsttimetobe Sat 27-Jun-09 14:11:01

hi, on the form i think if you put its for household items your more likely to get it, you also need to have been on income support or another qualyfying benefit for 26weeks, a few of my friends have had these and got roughly a grand each ,
hope that helps. x

AnarchyAunt Sat 27-Jun-09 16:19:27

I have had them in the past. Depends on your circumstances how much they award you - last time I applied for £1200 for removal costs, deposit/rent in advance, new household items. I got £812 which I pay back at £15 a week out of my Income Support. It's a hefty chunk to lose out of an already very low income.

You have to have been on a qualifying benefit for at least 26 weeks and they are only payable for certain items. Debts can be allowed but only if they are for allowed items if that makes sense? Explains it better here

Disenchanted3 Sat 27-Jun-09 16:58:50

tHANKYOU,

WE APPLIED AND PUT IT WAS FOR HOUSEHOLD ITEMS AND TO PAY OFF DEBT (WE WANTED TO USE A SMALL AMOUNT OF IT TO PAINT dsS ROOM TOO)

Oops caps!

£15 is alot,

will see what happens

thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now