Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Prepai Dabit and Credit Cards?

(4 Posts)
sahara Sat 14-May-05 10:11:55

Hi, I have recently become aware of prepaid debit and credit cards and I was wondering if anyone had one or new anything about them as I have been considering getting one.

I have such a bad credit history and really need a current account so that I can start to shop from Tesco online like you all do.

Any info you have would be greatly appreciated. I really want to become a part of the adult world, and with 3 kids in tow I think it's about time. I'm 29 by the way.

sahara Sat 14-May-05 10:12:51

OOPS I MEANT PREPAID DEBIT AND CREDIT CARDS. Half asleep!!!!!

KathH Sun 15-May-05 17:54:50

Hi - the Halifax do a basic bank account where you get a solo card so you can shop on line etc but i think it checks your balance before authorising payment so you can shop online etc, they also issue a cheque book, i think they're the only basic bank account that do this. My credit status isnt exactly brill and i got one of these no probs.

moschops Tue 17-May-05 12:26:14

just to point out that not all companies will accept Solo/Electron cards over the phone/net. i run my own business and the company that provide my credit card machine will not allow me to put through Solo/Electron cards for phone orders......i have to physically swipe the card.

its definitely worth trying to get one though as my aunty managed to get a switch card after years of being declined simply by having a solo card and proving she could manage a bank account.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now