Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just had a letter from Adidas..........

(9 Posts)
swiperfox Sat 14-May-05 09:45:37

...about my crappy trainers that I sent back to them.

There is one bit of the letter which I would be grateful if someone could confirm/clarify my interpretation of! .... It says, 'Our Quality control dept has confirmed that the trainers are faulty and naturally we will replace them. However, there is currently no stock available. We would be grateful if you could choose an alternatinve product for the same recommended value from either the website or your local sports store...'

Ok, the sports shop is going to be cheaper than the website isn't it? Also does this mean i can choose a pair if they are the same value in a store sale or do i have to go by their original RRP?

bran Sat 14-May-05 09:47:00

If they're faulty they should give you your money back, and then you can spend it on whatever you want.

Freckle Sat 14-May-05 09:49:06

Agree. The goods are faulty and you are entitled to a full refund. After all, you might not want to buy another of their cr*ppy products. You should be able to buy whatever you want, even if from another manufacturer. Actually, your argument should have been with the retailer. Your contract was with them and they should have refunded your money.

Ulysees Sat 14-May-05 09:55:48

Yep at least your money back IMO

swiperfox Sat 14-May-05 10:02:33

I got them from Littlewoods catalogue and every time i tried to talk to them about it they just quoted me their returns policy about sending back within 14 days in the original condition blah blah blah which is why i went to Adidas. I might send Littlewoods a nasty email this time.......

JulieF Sat 14-May-05 22:28:51

A returns policy like that is not legal if the goods are faulty. That is only if you had changed your mind or they didn't fit. The Sale of Goods Act states that goods must be fit for their purpose and it is actually the retailer who is responsible for giving you the refund.

Littlewoods need to be reminded of the law I think!! Just start mentioning trading standards to them!

LIZS Thu 19-May-05 07:35:44

Good result ! I would think they do mean rrp but not sure how it would work getting a replacement pair. You could ask for the money from Adidas instead but that would be discretionary as your contract is with Littlewoods as retailer. so they should refund. Did you buy on credit card as that may offer you an additional route.

swiperfox Tue 31-May-05 19:10:22

This is turning into a bit of a nightmare!! They said that the original trainers were out of stock so to choose difference ones. So I did. Got this email.....

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately, your replacement choices are out of stock. Therefore, we advise that you return with further product choices. However, it may be best to contact us again once you are able to confirm your new postal address.

We look forward to hearing from you.

How can so many pairs of trainers be out of stock actually in Adidas?? lol

LIZS Wed 01-Jun-05 07:54:17

Perhaps they have sent out all of this summer range's stock by now ? In retailing orders for summer are placed well ahead to allow for transport from factory to supplier, distributor's warehouse to retailer's warehouse and eventually stores , so would have long passed through Adidias' own warehouses by now and they are probably not made in UK or even Europe so they may be in between ranges. However I'd have thought they would be launching an equivalent style shortly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now