Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Halifax say they run Standing Orders for a year then cancel them, its up to you to renew them - Is this right?

(6 Posts)
dontdillydally Tue 23-Jun-09 17:49:34

My friends partner's payment didnt go into her account this week.

On investigation he said that the Halifax said his standing order (current account) has been running a year, they cancel it and its up to the account holder to re-activate it.

Any Halifax holders out there? and Is this true?

nannyL Tue 23-Jun-09 18:00:29

i hadnt used mine for a year so they canceled it for me.

not good as i expected my credit card direct debit to be paid (it showed up as an active direct debit so i wasnt to know otherwise)

luckily when i explained to credit card company they as a good will gesture refunded all charges associated with the late payment.

I was shocked too

herbietea Tue 23-Jun-09 18:04:18

Message withdrawn

dontdillydally Tue 23-Jun-09 20:20:44

this goes in every week. so nothing unusual

CHOOGIRL Tue 23-Jun-09 20:58:28

Only if you put an end date on the original mandate - otherwise they run until further notice.

trixymalixy Thu 25-Jun-09 06:47:50

I have a standing order from my Halifax account for my share of the bills that goes into the joint account. It has been running for over 5 years now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now