Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

how can i make £50 by next wednesday for holiday spending money?

(14 Posts)
juicychops Tue 23-Jun-09 15:13:51

going camping next thursday and would like to make just a bit extra to cover at least the cost of petrol. what could i do to make £50 in 1 week?

any ideas?

snooks Tue 23-Jun-09 15:17:11

car boot sale at the weekend?

juicychops Tue 23-Jun-09 15:20:00

was thinkin that but did one 2 weekends ago and made £11 so its put me off a bit!!

stripeypineapple Tue 23-Jun-09 15:24:29

Ebay stuff.

I think people are more likely to buy from ebay than car boot because they can do it comfort of their own homes and so can you.

nannyL Tue 23-Jun-09 18:01:35

i agree ebay some stuff

BonsoirAnna Tue 23-Jun-09 18:03:45

Begging?

SammyK Tue 23-Jun-09 18:07:59

Do you have a stuff4sale.co.uk website locally, or a free classified ad section in local paper.

Put up for sale any outgrown bikes/ scooters/ rollerskates/garden toys. Also any ELC or Disney toys, bundles of clothes, etc. Stuff that sells well basically. If you have any camping gear you no longer use advertise that as everyone is taking up camping and looking for bargains.

Ironing, gardening, or babysitting for friends or neighbours?

poshtottie Tue 23-Jun-09 18:49:46

I saw an advert on tv to sell your gold.

Or how about busking?

dontdillydally Tue 23-Jun-09 20:21:51

yes gold my friend got £60 for a ring

SammyK Tue 23-Jun-09 21:00:49

I have sold gold too forgot about that smile

Mousey84 Tue 23-Jun-09 21:46:26

Can you have a think about ways in which you can save money for the next week? Can you try to walk more rather than take the car? Reduce shopping bill by a tenner? Cook at home instead of a takeaway, and avoid the bottle of wine you usually have at the weekend?

juicychops Wed 24-Jun-09 08:14:14

mousey, think thats what im gunna have to do. not got any gold, need my camping stuff as thats what i need this money for - my camping trip!

been hunting high and low but not got anything forebay. did another bootsale about 2 months ago and sold most of the stuff i didn't want. only got clothes left which dont sell very well at bootsales or on ebay

oh, i need to win the lottery!!

Frasersmum123 Wed 24-Jun-09 11:20:44

Do you have any lose change around that you could bag up and change at the bank?

juicychops Wed 24-Jun-09 20:53:30

only a couple of quid at most. changed up my penny pot recently. think saving is the way to go.

forgot about some Oasis tickets i bought last year for 12 july. gunna sell them when i get them sent through. should get them by next monday the box office said so will try and get at least face value £100 for them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now