Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What to do with management company of my block of flats suddenly putting all binson a platform near my window?

(3 Posts)
stressed2007 Sat 20-Jun-09 10:50:31

I have been away for a week - I have got back to my flat to find that the management company (at least I think that is who it is) has build a two foor concrete platform about 7 foot from my windows (I am a ground floor flat) with a ramp and they have now told all residents to keep their bins there! I am so angry, there was no consultation - I did not even know they were doing this. The view will now be of bins. The smell is horrific and there will be a vermin problem right near my flat - how can I keep my windows open witha small baby? Living near a bin shelter is also going to affect the value of my flat. Is there anything I can do about this other then phoning/writing to complain when they will probably ignore me

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sun 21-Jun-09 02:45:21

Contact Environmental Health? But speak to your management company first, to give them a chance to rectify.

HerHonesty Sun 21-Jun-09 11:45:21

contact your freeholder, pointing out that this is a change to your lease and that you should have been consulted and that it is a serious risk to health and safety.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now