Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Capital letters in the Guardian? worth writing to?

(5 Posts)
iamsoooangry Fri 19-Jun-09 11:01:22

Received a grant from Warm Front (a government scheme to help vulnerable people to save energy) to get a new boiler, but they have left me with a huge leak that has ruined my flooring! They keep fobbing me off! Would trading standards be interested? Already going to complain to Defra and local MP, but I absolutely want them to fix the bloody leak and pay for the floorinG.

nickytwotimes Fri 19-Jun-09 11:04:56

That is rotten iamsoangry.

That is the only down side with the program you are talking about - you can't pick the comapny you want. I know an elderly lady who was very let down.

Have you contacted Warm Front or just the company they sent out? If you have no luck, then go to the ombudsman if there is one.

AnarchyAunt Fri 19-Jun-09 11:06:11

Who actualy carried out the work?

AFAI understand it, WarmFront award a grant that they pay directly to local contractor/heating fitter, who then install it.

So WarmFront aren't really respnsible, its the firm the came and did the work that are at fault.

iamsoooangry Fri 19-Jun-09 11:23:38

Eaga did the work, but they also fob me off, in the meantime my bloody floor is ruined. At this stage I feel as if the governemnt paid for someone to come into my house and damage my property. Eaga are responsible, but WarmFront are not showing any support AT ALL, goodness this was meant to make my life easier. Have made 20 calls so far, luckily they both have free numbers...

EldonAve Sat 20-Jun-09 10:57:14 try these people

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: