Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How can I find out the directors of a company? In really easy to understand terms!

(11 Posts)
Katiekitty Wed 17-Jun-09 09:09:28

I've had a tootle round the Companies House website but can't find where directors are listed, if indded they are anywhere.

Can any wise MNer point me in the right direction? Noddy terms appreciated!

flowerybeanbag Wed 17-Jun-09 09:14:45

You can get the free basic information about companies here by searching for the company name/number. But if you want more detailed information like names of directors from Companies House you need to pay for it.

Katiekitty Wed 17-Jun-09 09:31:39

Darn it! I want to do a sneaky check on somethiong but don't want to shell out!

Thank you for that link fbb - I've got the address and company number from it - I shall have to do some undercover sleuthing...

flowerybeanbag Wed 17-Jun-09 09:33:16

A bit of googling of the name and number and 'company director' might get you some information.

flowerybeanbag Wed 17-Jun-09 09:36:32

I lied! If you do the search from that link, then get to the page for the company, click on 'order documents' on the side, it will get you the filing history free

flowerybeanbag Wed 17-Jun-09 09:37:52

And then buying actual documents is only a pound anyway.

Katiekitty Wed 17-Jun-09 10:23:23

fbb - thank you for your help, do you think it would be the 'Current Appointments' report that I should order to get a list of who runs the company? Sorry to be a pain!

flowerybeanbag Wed 17-Jun-09 11:12:09

yes that would probably do it, or the most recent return.

clumsymum Wed 17-Jun-09 11:24:29

You need the most recent return.

Nolda Wed 17-Jun-09 11:32:59

It would depend on the date of the return because new directors may have been appointed since the date the return has been made up to. Current appointments would be better I think.

Katiekitty Wed 17-Jun-09 11:38:45

For a pound a pop, I think I may treat myself and go for both! Thank you all for your help, I hope the reports make for interesting reading!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now