Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

How much does a will cost?

(7 Posts)
cathcat Wed 17-Jun-09 00:04:12

How much to have a really basic will drawn up? DH and I have decided to get one done, at my suggestion...so I need to put things in motion or it will never happen.

inscotland Wed 17-Jun-09 11:11:57

At my work a basic one per person is around £120 and a joint basic is £210. However, if you can make a note and wait until November Will Aid starts were a registered Solicitor will complete them for a donation to Will Aid rwhich is a registered chartiy.

HerHonesty Wed 17-Jun-09 19:29:23

£20 if you get a will pack from WH Smiths. A solicitor told me that if you have a very simple set up, use one of those!

cathcat Wed 17-Jun-09 19:45:58

Oh thanks, I will look in WHSmith for that.

elvislives Wed 17-Jun-09 20:49:11

People in the know warn against DIY wills (do a search on MN for previous threads).

We did ours through WillAid and it cost £110 for joint.

HerHonesty Wed 17-Jun-09 20:52:27

like i said, only if you have very SIMPLE arrangments...

loflo Wed 24-Jun-09 20:46:08

I am a member of UNISON and DH and I got ours done for free. If you or DH are in a union might be worth checking if they have the same deal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now