Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Fathers dday on a budget?

(11 Posts)
bargainhuntingbetty Tue 16-Jun-09 21:17:43

What can I get my dh and my dad for fathers day on a budget?? Am normally full of ideas but have too much going on in my head just now. HELP

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 16-Jun-09 21:29:19

??????

Numberfour Tue 16-Jun-09 21:51:15

i am hopeless in thinking up interesting things too!
here are some of the VERY dull things I've done: photo of me and DH in a frame, the usual chocs and cd (zzzzz)!

It is DH's birthday tomorrow and I have bought him a wallet (the one he has is nearly dead), two silly pairs of socks, some nuts and chocolate - we are DEFINITELY on a budget. And now i have to think of father's day!

a shirt?
wine / whiskey / other drinky stuff?
trip out somewhere (DH got his dad a trip on the london eye one year)
cd? dvd? (DS asked me if we could get DH a record so he could do some "scratching"!. DS is 4............)

Sorry!! not much help...
day out somewhere?
family picnic somewhere pretty?

best i don't even think about posting this nonsense! sorry, bhb. not much use at all.

TheProfiteroleThief Tue 16-Jun-09 21:52:34

we are making a big cake for fathers day

pointydog Tue 16-Jun-09 22:02:18

Don;t buy anything for your dh - get your dc to make something even if it's only a splodgy hand print. That'll do.

Your dad - a couple of bottles of beer/real ale. The ones with the interesting names.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 16-Jun-09 22:02:31

DH and I will be at dd1's gymnastics display so not really much scope for picnic etc. Andd what about my dad??? I really have got too much going on to give it any thought.

OOh just had a thought, h is a member of a golf coourse my dad wants to play. Maybe I could pay for him to play and that is dad taken care of...now for dh.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 16-Jun-09 22:03:48

My dad only drinks red wine and that wouldnt be anything special for him, he buys it himself all the time (not all the time, he isnt an alcoholic or anything).

Kids are 6 and 8 and are a bit old to make something. Sorry I sound really negative here.

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 16-Jun-09 22:05:18

It is all to scam money out of people, just have a nice day and get your children to make a card.

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 16-Jun-09 22:13:10

Sounds like a plan five. Thanks

bargainhuntingbetty Tue 16-Jun-09 22:13:14

Sounds like a plan five. Thanks

pointydog Tue 16-Jun-09 22:13:47

A bit old to make something! Crikey, my kids are 12 and 10 and they could esily make something.

If you're all stressed about something, maybe you should just make a couple of cakes and the blokes should understand

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now