Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Surety and deportation some Qs -- any insight

(7 Posts)
mulranno Tue 16-Jun-09 18:49:42

My BIL is in prison for importing a class A drug. He comes to the end of his sentance tomorrow and as he is a foreign national he has been issued with a deportation notice. He will request an appeal for deportation and apply for bail. His solicitor thinks he has a very good chance of bail. How long will this take to process? How long will it take to decide if they will give him an appeal?

annh Wed 17-Jun-09 00:18:17

Mulranno, you have posted about this on another thread haven't you? People there told you that this is a very complex area and that you really need to get advice from your BIL's solicitor. When speaking to him about the chances of bail, did he not give you an idea of timescale?

mulranno Wed 17-Jun-09 19:04:55

Yes annh...I have asked for opinion on his case previously. As the situation has progressed I have a further more specific question....and so posted. I just wondered if there was a standard timescale for decision on bail. Maybe a legal person out there can help me.

annh Wed 17-Jun-09 19:09:03

And I'm asking again about your BIL's solicitor - surely with all the facts at his disposal, he should be able to give you an idea of timescale? What has he said?

mulranno Wed 17-Jun-09 19:29:29

Maybe a legal person out there can help me....anyone?

AxisofEvil Fri 19-Jun-09 15:41:13

What annh said. I'm sorry for your situation but I'd have thought it would have been clear from the lack of response to all your previous threads that the solicitor engaged on the matter is the person to ask.

mulranno Fri 19-Jun-09 19:29:39

axisofevil, thankyou for your understanding - i have found the online resources suggested helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now