Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

My car was clamped, I had a parking ticket. Can anyone help?

(3 Posts)
auntypurple Mon 15-Jun-09 17:42:14

Two weeks ago I went to the beach with the school. Paid £4 for a 4 hour parking ticket. When I went for lunch, my sister noticed someone clamping my car.
I went over and said I had a ticket, looked on the dash and it had gone. The clamper gave me a few mins to search the car for it, was a very windy day and had blown off the dash. I was in a bit of a panic and couldn't find it. He had said if I found it there and then he'd take the clamp off without charge. I didn't find my ticket untill a while after he had gone, and had to pay an £80 release fee, and was told to send proof of my ticket to try and get a refund.
Got a letter from the clamp company Armtrac today, just said sorry you didn't display your ticket, no refund will be given.
Is there anything more I can do about this, also the clamper never gave me any sort of documents detailing place, time of clamp ect. Just wondered if they had any sort of rules to follow. TIA

BetsyBoop Mon 15-Jun-09 19:55:37

try here

auntypurple Tue 16-Jun-09 18:53:32

Thanks for the reply. Should have said it was not a council car park. Going to try and write another letting to them. Don't hold out much hope tho.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now