Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

where do i stand?

(6 Posts)
misdee Wed 11-May-05 19:06:21

back in spetember i signed upto sky talk when they phoned me up soon after we had digital installed. they said they'd deal with everything. i didnt recieve a letter from them, but they charged me for the calls i made (mistake number one, i shouldnt have been charged for calls, just a fixed rate of 13.99 a month). but bt have kept me on their higher package rate. i have been on the phone to them to try and sort this out, they say i should've informed them that i wanted just the line rental from them. so i have been billed twice. sky talk say i need to complain to them, bt say its not their fault. what do i do? am in the process of trying to get copies of my bills from bt ( i shred them as soon as paid). i have no idea of how much i have overpaid by, and dont know if i stand a hope in hell of getting my money back from bt or sky talk.

lljkk Fri 13-May-05 07:30:43

don't shred bill so quickly in the future...?
Sorry, can't help, but maybe someone else will see this if i bump it up. How much money out of pocket are you?

jessicasdaddy Fri 13-May-05 07:34:15

oh dear misdee i havent got a clue.

just thought id give you some moral support though!!!!!

moschops Fri 13-May-05 09:39:13

can you register online with bt (like with powergen) and access your bills online?

i know my FIL had the same problem with BT and Tiscali..........it took him forever to sort it out. no-one at BT would talk to him so he just phoned OFCOM and they got it sorted for him

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 13-May-05 09:42:40

Have a look at your papers from Sky Talk, from when you first signed up.
Look in the small print and see if it mentions that you have to inform your phone supplier to keep just your line rental IYSWIM.

If it doesn't I would take it up with Sky Talk as they should have informed you to do that. How are you supposed to know otherwise.

misdee Fri 13-May-05 10:08:46

didnt recieve paperwork from them. have been told to register with bt online to get my bills reprinted. and have to send a complaint letter to sky talk. lets hope they reimburse me. think its ab out £50 in total. i'm useless with bills,i just pay them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now