Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

There's always something...XP has a warrant out for his arrest, can anyone with knowledge explain, please?

(9 Posts)
Aimsmum Sat 13-Jun-09 17:21:38

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Sat 13-Jun-09 17:22:49

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Sat 13-Jun-09 18:09:34

Message withdrawn

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 13-Jun-09 18:11:22

If there's a warrant out, I reckon he's missed a court date, or maybe breached bail conditions?

CarGirl Sat 13-Jun-09 18:12:11

sorry no, he's a twunt isn't he.

Aimsmum Sat 13-Jun-09 18:23:27

Message withdrawn

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 13-Jun-09 18:33:10

I have to confess I'm no legal eagle, but some, er, peripheral family members have had dealings with the local constabulary recently and warrants have only been issued when a court date has been missed, or if bail conditions had been breached. Mind you, those bail conditions were about staying away from a victim of DV, rather than fraud - I don't know what standard bail conditions for fraud would be. (The crims in my extended family are mostly too stupid to commit fraud. blush)

He's right when he says he can give himself up, and they'll keep him in police cells till Monday, though.

123andaway Sat 13-Jun-09 20:01:13

A warrant is issued by the court for failing to appear or breach of bail. Its also possible to be 'wanted' by the police without a court warrant being issued. This would be if he was suspected of having committed an offence but the police had been able to find him to arrest and interview him, or if he had been on police bail(called 47/3) and had failed to answer this bail.

It is possible that he became 'wanted' between Sunday and now, if the court date came and went, he missed police bail, or was circulated as wanted by the police. Also things take a while to filter down, be placed on the computer etc.

If he is wanted on a court warrant he must be put before the next available court when he is arrested. There are no courts on Sunday so he would be locked up for the weekend. His best bet would be to hand himself in early (before 8am) on Monday morning - but you don't have to tell him that!!!

Aimsmum Sun 14-Jun-09 11:52:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now