Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

separted never married what application to court re: finance?

(3 Posts)
cestlavielife Fri 12-Jun-09 15:14:43

in my case i am the one earning, i moved out and rent property in my name, kids live with me. i work full time.

but here my ex is just refusing to discuss or email over financial issues, there is joint owned flat he lives in (i moved out and rent) and right now he is not quite covering the mortgage on - and another flat which is joint owned and rented out. both have mortgages in joint names. so i am liable for everything...which is untenable.

he is not working as far as i know. so mortgage company w9ould not allow him to take on any of the mortgages in sole name.

i want to bring the financial side to court - how do i bring financial agreement to court as not married? what is the application?

we have court ongoing re: contact but what is it called or what application to court do i need to make in order to force financial issues eg force him to agree to sell the joint owned flat which is rented out etc?

mumoverseas Sat 13-Jun-09 14:34:52

Don't know too much about the application as only done ones where parties married but pretty sure the name of it is a Trust of Land Application or similar. Seem to recall someone saying it was quite a long process so probably a good idea to get your application in sooner rather than later. Try googling that and see what you come up with. Your local county court should be able to advise you on how to complete the necessary form.

babybarrister Sat 13-Jun-09 21:42:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now