Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MIL - redundancy - benefits?

(3 Posts)
FourArms Fri 12-Jun-09 12:43:45

My MIL got made redundant yesterday after 8 yrs working for the Co-op. The Co-op has bought the Somerfield in her village, and are closing her store down. Anyway, she'll get 10.5 wks redundancy pay (only worked 7 years 11 months angry), but she's due to have a hysterectomy the day after the store closes, so was planning to have about 6 weeks off sick. As such, she'll be recuperating when she should be job hunting.

Any idea what sort of benefits she might be able to claim? I've given her the job centre plus benefits number, so she'll hopefully get through to them later on today. She's divorced and living alone with a mortgage.

callalilies Fri 12-Jun-09 12:48:03

Incapacity Benefit while she's out of action following her operation?

FourArms Fri 12-Jun-09 12:54:43

That looks good, thanks callalillies. The other thing I'd read on IB sounded like she was ineligible.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now