Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

If there is a solicitor around can you advise which form i need for this court action please?

(7 Posts)
idranktheteaatwork Tue 09-Jun-09 11:41:46


bil is joint owner of a property with sil. She has sole occupancy but has not paid the sole occupancy rent they agreed on for nearly two years now.
Can you advise which form he needs to fill in to make an application to the courts for recovery of the sole occupancy rent please?

Many thanks. x

chipkid Tue 09-Jun-09 11:55:09

assuming they are not married he will need I think his remedy lies under trust law-there is an act that governs this situation-think its the trustees and trusts of land act but am not a trusts lawyer so cannot advise any further

idranktheteaatwork Tue 09-Jun-09 15:19:53

thanks chipkid, apparently it's a family law matter??

idranktheteaatwork Tue 09-Jun-09 15:20:23

sorry, should add, they are not married, they are bio brother and sister.

babybarrister Tue 09-Jun-09 19:10:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chipkid Tue 09-Jun-09 20:14:05

thanks babybarrister for giving her the proper title of the act-brain not functioning this morning-could only remember TOLATA-its shortened version!

idranktheteaatwork Tue 09-Jun-09 20:18:45

Hi ladies, he has taken advice and the solicitor has told him she recommends he sue for the rent after she went through all his paperwork including letters from her etc.
He wants to put in the application himself and use the solicitor for advice to save money if you see what i mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now