Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Overdrawn

(6 Posts)
parker1313 Fri 05-Jun-09 16:12:51

Every month my account goes over the overdradt limit and I get charged every time this happens so Im gettin charged £66 a month.
I just cannot seem to stop it.Iv spoken to the bank and they will not increase the limit.
Any advice on how I can not do it!!

thisisyesterday Fri 05-Jun-09 16:15:47

can you save any money elsewhere? can you change the timing of bills so that stuff doesn't all go out at the same time?>

cat64 Fri 05-Jun-09 16:32:24

Message withdrawn

dilemma456 Sat 06-Jun-09 14:56:14

Message withdrawn

CHOOGIRL Sat 06-Jun-09 20:08:34

Do not borrow or use your credit card. Add up all your standing orders + direct debits, then deduct this from your salary or whatever goes into your account. This is what you have available for the month. Then divide by 4 and then take that out of the cash machine each week. Now just use the cash - it's an amazing feeling paying for things with cash - makes it more real.

Also you are developing a negative trend on your bank account if you exceed limit each month and incur charges (and interest) so try and make a plan to pay off o/d.

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 06-Jun-09 21:24:00

I worked for a bank until recently, by going over your agreed limit you will not get it increased. Once you ahve not gone over it for a period of time (everybank diff but looking in region of 6 mths) you can ask then to look at it again. Agree ith the others, once you've broken the cycle one month you've cracked it. moving a DD by a week or two could be all it takes ie rent goes out 30/31 of month wages come in on 2nd, by moving the rent a week you will always be in credit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now