Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What is the average household income in GB at the mo?

(8 Posts)
TheOddOne Tue 02-Jun-09 19:26:27

Does anyone know? I'd be grateful if you could tell me - i can't seem to find it through googling.

DH and i bring in enough i would have thought but we seem to be struggling compared to our peers. I wondered where we stood on the national average.

Maybe we just squander it grin.

wahwahwah Tue 02-Jun-09 19:28:44

Isn't the national average salary about £25k?

flashharriet Tue 02-Jun-09 19:30:05

There's a huge difference between the national average and regional averages. Someone posted a link once but I can't remember who it was. Sorry, that's no help at all grin

lljkk Tue 02-Jun-09 19:30:58

Median (so 50% of households make more, 50% make less) is probably about £29k per household. It's usually just above the median/average salary number.

Piss-all if you're in London, not so bad up North.

donotpassgo Fri 12-Jun-09 18:42:29

We are struggling against our peers too - but on questioning they have the same monthly income, but have a much lower mortgage (around £600) compared to our £990 rent...

Average wage I think is £27K

Tinker Fri 12-Jun-09 18:44:12

I'm sure household income is about 28k or thereabouts.

Tinker Fri 12-Jun-09 18:46:01

[[http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=334 Graph here shows under 30k]

Tinker Fri 12-Jun-09 18:46:22

Try again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now