Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

My pay is £300 short this month

(11 Posts)
dilemma456 Sun 31-May-09 19:51:43

Message withdrawn

dilemma456 Sun 31-May-09 19:52:01

Message withdrawn

poopscoop Sun 31-May-09 19:57:28

They should not make you wait for the following month. Just tell them you need to pay bills and stuff will bounce if you don't have it. The arse of it is, that sometimes they issue with a cheque and then you have to wait for the blasted thing to clear.

dilemma456 Sun 31-May-09 21:54:35

Message withdrawn

Sheenamac1970 Sun 31-May-09 22:37:00

Are you a member of a trade union, you should contact your local steward in the first instance.

risingstar Sun 31-May-09 22:43:37

if you are paid by bacs directly into your account,they should be able to credit it the same day ( they can where i work if it is their mistake).

Good luck!

dilemma456 Mon 01-Jun-09 13:21:33

Message withdrawn

misspudding Tue 02-Jun-09 14:20:50

Tell them you want/need it now. I threatened my employeR because once they forgot to pay me £700 I had done as 'extra' work. I said that if I was going to incur bank charges because of insufficient funds, then I would ask them to repay them. Get your union on board asap.
good luck

southeastastra Tue 02-Jun-09 14:32:01

how annoying, ours (la too) would give a cheque but it's usually taxed

dilemma456 Thu 04-Jun-09 12:07:15

Message withdrawn

nannynick Sun 07-Jun-09 15:08:06

As they have acknowledged the mistake, don't accept it being added to next months pay.
They have already allocated that money as it is showing on your payslip (and you have been taxed on it). So insist upon a BACS transfer ASAP.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: