Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I want to make some extra money

(11 Posts)
mummytopebs Fri 15-May-09 10:49:34

Anyone any ideas, i want to really concentrate on paying off debt - Anyone got any ideas on how to make a couple of extra pounds? Was thinking about trying to make cards and selling them or something like that, can you make quite a bit by this? Or any other suggestions

blondissimo Fri 15-May-09 11:20:54

Hi I am in the same boat and have recently been selling lots of things on ebay. Not sure if you've tried it or not, but a couple of years ago I made about £1000 in a few months! And it was all stuff lying about my house that I didn't use. I find that well cared for clothes, baby stuff and jewellery all sell well. Just don't make the mistake that I do and spend just as much as you earn on there!!!

MsMaggieBeauregarde Fri 15-May-09 11:23:29

Take in a foreign student............?

mumblechum Fri 15-May-09 11:25:20

Second job, maybe? What do you do at the moment, and can you increase your hours?

I once took on a second job as had run up £3k worth of debt. Managed to clear it off over 3 months working weekends and evenings.

I don't think card making is going to bring in more than pennies unless you do it on a seriously large scale, talk to buyers in shops etc.

mummytopebs Fri 15-May-09 23:21:13

Have had some of my dd old clothes on ebay all really nice stuff but it doesnt seem to sell to well, i dont know why!!

I do 3 days at work and dont really want to do overtime cos i would have to pay more nursry fees. What was osbourne books someone had mentioned on another thread?

EldonAve Fri 15-May-09 23:25:47

this is the thread you need - sell old shoes on ebay

blondissimo Sat 16-May-09 11:29:32

Ha grin at the shoes link. A friend of a friend used to buy really cheap thongs from Primark then take a picture of herself wearing them, post it on ebay and sold them for about a tenner each! Something tells me it was not women looking for some new underwear...........

Marne Sat 16-May-09 11:20:19

I sell on e-bay, just remember if you are buying/making to sell you need to register yourself as a business and pay Tax which is a lot of hassle (filling out tax returns etc..).

I tried card making a few years ago and didn't make anything (more a hobby really).

I like blondissimo's idea grin.

I sell mainly childrens clothes and adults clothes but have only been doing it for a few weeks so not sure how much i am making yet hmm.

inscotland Sat 16-May-09 14:22:17

You could try Phoenix Cards? I have a friend who does this and I am sure she does quite well from it. I have another friend who makes cards but struggles.

Ebay

Are you a good cook? You could host Pampered Chef parties?

Vie? (Was virgin vie but has been sold)

Foreign Students?

MsMaggieBeauregarde Sat 16-May-09 14:45:00

They're nice those phoenix cards and they're cheaper than cards from the shop so you're not trying to sell something that's MORE than the alternative.

vitality Thu 18-Jun-09 21:05:13

Hi Mummytopebs,
I'm a Phoenix trader so if you have any questions, please let me know. Here's some more info.

I really like it and it's a fun way to earn some income and fit it around your own hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now