Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is DH being Ripped off?

(4 Posts)
mumtochloe Fri 29-Apr-05 17:52:55

DH works as a plant operator and is doing contract work at present. He earns £8.50 per hour and works 39 hours per week yet only picks up between £237-£247 per week. The amount he is paid always seems to vary even if he does the same hours and he also has to pay £20 per week to a composite company to process his wages. WTF???? Apparently this is because they pay him as a Ltd company to avoid paying as much tax but he seems to be paying more if anything

Does this sound normal to you guys? Can anyone help please? I've tried to work out his payslip but it is really confusing.

Thanks!

MrsBigD Fri 29-Apr-05 18:35:17

dh used to be a contractor and that sounds about right. Though the £20 for the composite company is quite stiff! Saying that dh paid one of his 'umbrella company' 5% of the total, but that's why he moved and found himself one that only charged 2%

Not much help I know, but at least that way your msg gets bumped

mumtochloe Sat 30-Apr-05 13:25:30

Thanks Mrs Bigd - sorry it took so long to respond.
I guess he needs to try to find an employer to take him on permenantly!

Thanks again for your quick reply. Out of interest what does your DH do?

xx

MrsBigD Sat 30-Apr-05 14:17:02

dh is a Systems Administrator (IT)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now