Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

MONEY - I need a way to make some hard cash QUICK!!!

(41 Posts)
TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 11:32:57

Ideas please...

I got paid on Friday and am still nearly £500 o/d I seriously will be struggling not to go over my limit this month.

I need any ideas of how I can make some quick cash to pull me through the month. I have credit card but am paying off rather than putting on.

I've just looked at loans but am reluctant. If I can find away to make some cash and cut back on spending this month I should be ok-ish.

Any ideas gratefully received... please

fairyfly Mon 25-Apr-05 11:35:54

Babytboot, ebay, prostitution?

ks Mon 25-Apr-05 11:37:25

Message withdrawn

TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 11:37:29

ah prostitution sounds good bu tnot sure dp would like it v much... ooo could charge him

RnB Mon 25-Apr-05 11:37:58

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Mon 25-Apr-05 11:38:12

Ebay. Start flogging stuff fast. How about taking on a second, temporary job - say at night or weekends? I used to do that to save money for Xmas pressies.

ks Mon 25-Apr-05 11:39:14

Message withdrawn

FLUM Mon 25-Apr-05 11:39:24

car boot sale??

yard sale?

send kids out to wash neighbours cars? we had to do that when my dad nearly went bankrupt. bit of a reality shock but fun in the end

TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 11:41:15

Nothing to pawn but thought about eBay. Am eBay virgin and don't know what I could sell.

katzguk Mon 25-Apr-05 11:41:17

can you sit down and write down what's going out where and maybe tighten things up a bit there, sometimes just writing down how much your spending on something shocks you! we released we were paying out loads on mobile phone contract and would be much cheaper on pay as you go (less than £5 a month before was paying £15), also cancelled having newspapers and mags delivered because this was costing 15 a week, lots of little things add up quite quickly.

Shopping online can save you serious money, there are a number of threads on here with money off vouchers for tescos, plus you only buy what you need not what you see!!

aloha Mon 25-Apr-05 11:42:13

Ebay. And get the bank to approve a temp slightly larger o/d or put money on cards. Going overdrawn will cost you a fortune.

TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 11:43:32

Can't get a second job as would have to pay a babysitter - wouldn't make me much more than £1 per hour once I'd paid someone!

Car Boot is another option. Have lots of baby stuff - steriliser etc. Have a lovely mamas n papas cot that needs to go to - eBay? but they'd have to collect wouldn't they?

katzguk Mon 25-Apr-05 11:44:21

put an ad on here, lots of people seem to sell sucessfully and its free

FLUM Mon 25-Apr-05 11:45:24

How about cooking dinner for people. I'd pay for that

TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 11:46:57

Have planned to economise - bring pack lunch to work. not work at home (extra petrol) not go out this month so won't have to pay a babysitter.

My overdraft limit is £3k don't really want to increase it and like I say I'm trying to pay off credit card.

I'm not desperate I do have alternative like credit card, increased overdraft etc but would like to get out of my overdraft when paid rather than increase debt somewhere else.

Also am gonna ask dp for some house-keeping he eats at mine every night. it's just he normally pays for me to go out so I feel guilty

TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 11:48:33

The CSA/xdp owe me thousands it's really annoying.

TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 12:13:40

right, I've been making 2 lists

1. Ways to econmise:
- make lunch (saing between £10-£15 per week)
- work in office (save petrol)
- essential food shopping only (save upto £50 per week at a guess)
- no going out (save £40 over month - guess)

2. Ways to make money
- Sell some of dd's old stuff (Sterliser, cot, toys, old clothes (raise £100-£200 ish)
- sell some of my shoes and coats as I have pairs I've never even worn (raise £50-£75ish on eBay? - guess)
- think of other things to sell
- keep an eye in local paper for 'make money at home adds' don't really know what these sort of jobs are but nothing ventured...
- Get a couple of old rings valued (potential to be worth something)

dropinthe Mon 25-Apr-05 12:18:56

I sell Avon and am thinking of becoming a Pheonix card trader(you buy cards at 30% cheaper than you sell-no targets-can start small-only £45.00 to start). I also work in a supermarket two evenings a week and some hours at weekend-most will accept a minimum of 12 hours a week.
Nothing to tax the mind but helps with the bills!

Hermione1 Mon 25-Apr-05 12:20:28

I work at McD's and someone there works there, does avon, betterware, i really admire her, because she has two kids and one with a disability, mind she has her sister to have the kids alot. It can be done, it's just hard hard work. hope you find a solution soon.

lunarx Mon 25-Apr-05 12:24:53

what about amazon.co.uk for selling no longer needed books,dvds,video/computer games? i joined up in the beginning of the month and have made a good bit so far...

TheVillageIdiot Mon 25-Apr-05 12:26:54

Amazon, hadn't thought of that. Will investigate as have some videos but don't have a video player any longer.

dropinthe Mon 25-Apr-05 12:27:11

Do you have to include a photo on Amazon??

FLUM Mon 25-Apr-05 12:28:01

see the other thread - Dog walking - £3 an hour

WideWebWitch Mon 25-Apr-05 12:28:07

224 money saving tips on this thread!

WideWebWitch Mon 25-Apr-05 12:28:30

No you don't have to inc photo on Amazon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now