Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Trust Fund, Have you got it?

(9 Posts)
Chandra Mon 25-Apr-05 10:21:25

I'm starting to worry about it, a couple of months ago I binned a bunch of advertising envelopes without opening them first, and since then I'm a bit worried that I have binned the cheque thinking it was yet another advertising pack about where to invest it...

compo Mon 25-Apr-05 10:26:57

Yes we got ours about a month ago. We're putting it in a Boots Mutual fund I think it's called. Perhaps you can ring someone and find out? Not sure who tho, sorry!

Chandra Mon 25-Apr-05 10:28:31

Ooops! My worries are reasonable then...

zubb Mon 25-Apr-05 10:50:56

Chandra, I haven't had mine so I phoned them up and they had no record of ds2 - even though they had sent me a letter saying I would get it for him. They are looking into it at the moment - soit's worth a phone call.

Chandra Mon 25-Apr-05 13:23:50

Zubb, do you still have the telephone? I don't even know where to ask for information. I will try to find something in the internet but if anybody here knows where to call please let me know

BTW, how did the envelope containing the cheque was like. Maybe I just binned advertising and I'm worrying to much for something that hads not even happened...

SofiaAmes Mon 25-Apr-05 14:22:11

Envelope did look a bit like a circular.

zubb Mon 25-Apr-05 21:42:00

contact details here
they'll ask for your NI number straight away so have it handy.

davidjwest Wed 27-Apr-05 21:46:18

Don't panic too much, if the worst comes to the worst then the Govt will open a fund for you a year after they sent out the voucher and then the provider concerned will send you an opening statement. You can then always close it down and transfer to another provider if you want. Not ideal but that's the worst case scenario (or should be!)

nutcracker Wed 27-Apr-05 21:50:18

I wanted to put mine in the one asda were doing but when i tried to fill the form in online and you had to entred the childs dob it only gave you the option of selecting 2005 or later.

I emailed them to tell them and they said to ring them, so i rung and kept getting told to call later as they were busy.

TBH i was only putting it with them cos you then got £25 quid worth of George vouchers and i am desperate for new clothes .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now