Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Maternity Pay...... Please Help.

(4 Posts)
JoshuasMummy Fri 22-Apr-05 21:31:06

Please can someone tell me if you are supposed to get paid for Bank Holidays whilst on Maternity leave?? My company has said you don't, but I was pretty sure you do??

Thanks

lljkk Fri 13-May-05 07:25:20

Do you normally get paid for bank holidays? I got my normal pay when I was on Mat. leave.

Azure Fri 13-May-05 08:35:35

At the company I work for bank holidays do not accrue in the same way as normal holidays, i.e. when I return from maternity leave I cannot add 3 days, say, for bank holidays onto my untaken holiday entitlement or be paid for those days in addition to any other maternity pay I received. Having said that, the maternity leave payable is regardless of whether a bank holiday falls within that week or not, in the same way as my regular salary. Hope that makes sense.

Fran1 Fri 13-May-05 08:51:51

If you normally get paid for them then i'm sure you should still get paid when on maternity leave ( i did)

But if you don't normally get them paid then its fair enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now