Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Would you expect a huge company like Adidas to at least offer you another pair of trainers??

(6 Posts)
swiperfox Tue 19-Apr-05 08:15:54

I bought a pair of Adidas trainers from Littlewoods catalogue nearly 2 weeks ago. They fit fine and were ok while i walked round the house and then to school for a couple of days but as soon as I started doing proper walking they made my feet so sore i nearly cried!!!
I cant send them back to the catalogue because i've worn them for a week and they're not falling apart or anything, so I emailed Adidas. Here's the reply I got..........

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your recent email regarding the problems you have
experienced with your adidas product.

All our products are made to the highest specification and
quality controlled throughout the manufacturing process. This
means that the likelihood of receiving sub-standard products is
very small. Occasionally this can occur and, when it does, we
always help rectify the problem. Customer Care is important to
us and please rest assured your comments have been noted.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment and appreciate you
highlighting your concerns.

Yours sincerely

Lauren Cruse
Customer Care Manager
For and on behalf of adidas (UK) Limited

Would you email them back and ask for a refund/different trainers?

almostanangel Tue 19-Apr-05 08:18:43

or at least a packet of plasters morning!

almostanangel Tue 19-Apr-05 08:20:41

that is prob an automatic message which is sent when they recive an email..you will prob get another email from them.

swiperfox Tue 19-Apr-05 08:20:57

pmsl Morning!!

almostanangel Tue 19-Apr-05 08:22:28

LIZS Tue 19-Apr-05 09:43:10

Looks like a standard reply. tbh your contract is with the retailer not the manufacturer so they aren't obliged to do anything so no I don't think you can expect a refund or replacement from Adidas. However if they are not fit for the purpose described in catalogue ie. you bought as a proper running shoe but are actually only suitable for leisure use then you could take it up with the catalogue retailer.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: