Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Income/redundancy Insurance - experiences please

(3 Posts)
callmeovercautious Thu 05-Mar-09 22:50:00

We are considering taking out additional insurance that covers DH if he gets made redundant.

The policy looks good but I am a cynic (or just very cautious grin) and am worried they will find ways to wriggle out of paying. It pays out about 2/3 of his salary for 12m.

Is this fairly standard? Have you got similar cover? if so who with? Have you tried to claim etc etc.

TIA smile

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 06-Mar-09 01:28:57

I don't have similar cover because I'm self-employed but I have heard of a lot of miss-selling of these types of policies. Is it "income protection" or something? Might be worth checking to see if you already have such insurances on any outstanding loans you have (eg mortgage, credit cards) and definitely worth checking the small print very, very carefully.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 06-Mar-09 01:29:25

Oh, and how long to have to pay in before you can make a claim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now