Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

change to insurance when on maternity leave

(3 Posts)
nct73 Wed 04-Mar-09 11:38:41

I had a thought.... I am going on maternity leave for 9 months. My car insurance includes business cover plus I work in art/performing arts so insurance is higher because they think I transport celebs rather than paint & costumes etc. Should/could I change my policy for these months to no no business cover & occupation housewife? I know that it might not exactly be a huge amount but any bit of saving would be appreciated. watch the pennies... as they say.

wombleprincess Wed 04-Mar-09 14:24:09

yes you should, ifyour insurer lets you

solo Wed 04-Mar-09 14:28:13

I asked my insurance about this, but I got the impression that they would be more likely to load you as a housewife(read air head)hmm. I left mine(ligitimately)as employed even though I'm quite possibly going to be employed but not at work earning for up to 6 years.
Why don't you phone them and ask them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: