Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Next directory question

(8 Posts)
citybranch Mon 02-Mar-09 13:59:02

Hi, i'm not sure if this is the right place for my question!

Ordered a load of bits from Next Online for my home, and have also returned a few things. I bought all of it online and paid by debit card. Now, I just logged on to the Next site and it looks like they opened one of their accounts for me at some point as there is an Account Statement, stating current balance CR £128.98, remaining credit £444.00
Does this mean that they refunded the bits I returned into this Next account rather than my usual bank account? (i assumed the refund would just go back on to debit card the way it was paid).
As it happens I may want to order something else from them so will that come off the CR balance?
Did just ring their number but was kept waiting forever, and I don't know how much the call is! Any Next users know how it works?

LIZS Mon 02-Mar-09 17:30:01

I received an invoice which I paid as per any normal bill. Not sure how a refund might work if you paid already, sorry.

scrooged Mon 02-Mar-09 17:31:32

It means they owe you £128.98 and you have £444 to spend. They have refunded your account, not your card.

LIZS Mon 02-Mar-09 17:32:18

I received an invoice which I paid as per any normal bill. Not sure how a refund might work if you paid already, sorry.

Jbck Mon 02-Mar-09 17:34:36

if you check saynoto0870 there is a number for free calls. I've had terrible problems with their customer service recently.

PlumBumMum Mon 02-Mar-09 17:37:01

I think they have credited it to your account so I would be on the phone asking for it back to your debit card

Sarahlou8 Mon 02-Mar-09 19:50:29

I had this the first time I ever used Next directory - I returned an item and it was credited to an account in my name (which I didn't want) instead of back onto the card I paid with. I was quite cross about it at first as I always thought you had to be refunded in the same way you paid, but when I phoned them, they were very helpful and the money went back onto my card.

I use the Directory all the time now, and have had no more problems.
Hope this helps!

citybranch Mon 02-Mar-09 21:56:08

Oh ok, i guess this is what has happened then. I shall phone them and ask for it back onto my card i think! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now