Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Trust Funds - anyone forgotten or negected to open theirs in time

(13 Posts)
Jbck Sun 01-Mar-09 19:43:53

We mislaid the form then just forgot to do anything about it when it turned up.blush It has now expired so I'm waiting on word of the one the government open on your behalf. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this & how long it tok for them to notify you the account details?

TIA

Jbck Sun 01-Mar-09 19:44:21

that'd be neglected. grin

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 01-Mar-09 21:16:11

Message withdrawn

Lindenlass Sun 01-Mar-09 21:17:24

Yup - none of my four have trust funds opened by me blush. You are allowed to move them though, I believe.

Jbck Mon 02-Mar-09 13:42:45

SGM DD2 is 16 months later this month so if I don't hear soon I'll get onto them. In case they are propping up RBS with it & forget to let me know grin

ruty Mon 02-Mar-09 13:47:03

we haven't had this for dd, 9 months, are we supposed to do something? Just realised don't think we get child benefit for her either, am i supposed to do something about that? blush

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 02-Mar-09 16:08:20

ruty
you should have had a certificate sent you in the post soon after she was born - if you didnt i think you can get another, or just wait for the govt to open one for you. You also have to apply for CB for all your children lol so you should be due a nice backpayment!

ruty Mon 02-Mar-09 16:58:01

thankyou! i hope so!

Fayrazzled Tue 03-Mar-09 07:08:47

I'm pretty sure you can only get 12 weeks' worth of backdated CB, so apply asap ruty before you lose any more!

ruty Tue 03-Mar-09 09:11:15

oh sad

ruty Tue 03-Mar-09 13:47:07

have just sent off application - thanks for kick up the bum! smile

2HotCrossBunsAnd1InTheOven Wed 04-Mar-09 12:47:52

In this current market you may well have saved your DS/DD some money by not opening an account. I deliberately took the view of leaving DS2's until nearer the deadline as shares prices were falling. Unfortunately left it slightly too long and the gov opened an account for him blush. Never mind! I haven't put any futher money into either of DS's accounts either for the same reason - the cash at the Bank is worth more!!

Ledodgy Wed 04-Mar-09 12:51:36

Government opened all 3 of mine too. I forgot with my first then thought I may as well let the govt. open one for the other two as wellbecause -i'm-- a lazy cow so I don't get accused of favouritism in the future. blush You can move them I think and I will do when the climate is better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now