Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Is the PAYE online website working?

(8 Posts)
fruitful Tue 12-Apr-05 17:24:53

Has anyone tried to file PAYE year-end forms (P14 etc) online? It keeps telling me that "your record are being updated - try again later". I've emailed them but had no response. Is it just me or is the site too busy or something?

mrsflowerpot Tue 12-Apr-05 17:42:53

Haven't tried yet but was told over the phone a couple of weeks ago to avoid this week and the week of the deadline as it was likely to be flooded. I was planning to do it end of next week, hopefully less busy but still gives lots of time to sort it out if there is a problem.

I rather suspect that it will be like all these things and they will have massively underestimated the demand.

fruitful Tue 12-Apr-05 17:45:24

Hmmm - and if we can't get on the website and have to file by post, will they pay us the incentive anyway? I think not!

Maybe I'll just do it at 3am - will be up anyway, lets face it! Can feed and type at the same time, I'm sure.

mrsflowerpot Tue 12-Apr-05 17:46:16

Hadn't thought of 3am - good idea! Can do it when up with horrible pg indigestion.

tallulah Tue 12-Apr-05 18:27:35

fruitful- there is a known problem- it isn't just you

fruitful Tue 12-Apr-05 19:40:04

Tallulah - so do I just keep trying, or do I need to contact them?

tallulah Wed 13-Apr-05 18:07:34

It's been restricted today to 2pm to midnight.

(sheer weight of traffic)

fruitful Thu 14-Apr-05 20:48:29

What, so now the same number of people will be trying to use it in half the number of hours - so how does that help then?

The IR are amazing. They offer us £250 to file online and then are surprised when loads of people do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now