Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Just bought the house together & thinking of Divorce (Need Advice)

(3 Posts)
Hawaiiangal Mon 11-Apr-05 05:35:06

I am married to a Navy man and who constantly gets caught sneeking behind my back to meet with his ex. Well this is the straw that broke the camels back. I have documentation that my husband did not update the Tricare information a Military requirement by having his SD removed from Tricare and updating the address that they are residing with the biological mom all the way back to 2003. I am in the process of contacting the command on Monday. My question since we sold our home and bought a new home in Sept 2004 what do you think Hawaii law will do if we both have our kids living with us. One child is a biological child from his ex and one child is his step child from his ex. One 18 year old adult (my surrogant) is with me. I dont know the laws and dont want to lose my home but Hawaii is not the best state in the law department. Any suggestions, or experiences in this field will be greatly appreciated.

Mirage Mon 11-Apr-05 07:02:40

I can't help personally Hawaiiangal,but wish you all the best-this sounds quite complicated.Do the military have any legal advisers that you could consult to see where you stand? Or failing that,a solicitor/attorney? I'm in thre UK,so am unfamiliar with US law.

Wishing you all the best

Hawaiiangal Mon 11-Apr-05 08:36:40

Thanks Mirage. I will be posting my results.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: