Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Bank charges dur to non payment of maintenance

(3 Posts)
TwinSetAndPearls Sun 10-Apr-05 16:46:48

My ex has not paid his maintenaance for two months now, the last time with no warning. This has resulted in me having bank charges of £90 as I was expecting his money to go in so hadn;t rearranged my bills.

Do I have a cat in hell's chance of holding him to account for these charges as they are his fault.

I think I know the answer but when broke I get desperate!!!

Freckle Sun 10-Apr-05 17:00:55

Have you tried appealing to your bank? Probably a big fat chance, but, if your record is generally good, they may take pity.

TwinSetAndPearls Sun 10-Apr-05 17:46:38

I will try my bank have been very good with me in the past and never charged me for the odd indescretion.

However the past few months have been a nightmare mainly caused by the csa and the expenses associated with moving into a new home. The bank have only just started charging me for going overdrawn without permission and they have alreay spoken to me about my finances so don't fancy my chances.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: