Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

I booked a holiday 2 weeks ago, but it now costs £800 less....

(3 Posts)
monstermayhem Fri 30-Jan-09 14:28:40

I booked it through Lastminute.com, and they acted as a agent for Fleetway Travel. Fleetway Travel contacted me the next day going through details of the holiday and booking it on the phone. However, they sent me an email yesterday with various holiday prices, and when I looked into it, I found I could get exactly the same holiday (hotel, flights, airport, dates etc.) for £800 cheaper. Has this happened to anyone, and did you go back to them. I feel like phoning them up and asking them for the difference or would I be laughed at and hung up on? It's not as though it is a little amount. TIA.

Sidge Fri 30-Jan-09 14:37:46

No harm in asking - if you don't ask you don't get!

But I don't know the legal implications. If they won't refund you the difference can you cancel and then rebook it at the cheaper price?

monstermayhem Fri 30-Jan-09 14:44:16

Can't cancel and rebook as they mentioned that it was non-refundable and non-changeable. Is it better to phone on a Friday afternoon (when everyone has the weekend to look forward to and is in a good mood) or Monday morning.... Kind of answered that one myself..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now