Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

travel insurance mistakes can i do anything?

(4 Posts)
cutekids Tue 05-Apr-05 08:15:03

I bought some travel insurance from the post office yesterday. As there wasn't enough space for my third daughter on the sheet provided, I had to write her name on a seperate one. I paid £50 which is correct for 2 adults and 3 children but i noticed last night that her policy number is different to ours and, also, i haven't been given the policy for this particular number. Is there anything I can do? Can the post-office scrap my first application and start again?

LIZS Tue 05-Apr-05 08:22:53

If it is only the general rubric that is missing (which would be the same as the other one) it is probably ok, since you have a policy number on what is presumably an official document. Is there an enquiries numbner you could ring to check ?

cutekids Tue 05-Apr-05 08:28:09

OH YES! THERE IS A "HELPLINE" WHO - AFTER ALOT OF GOING ROUND IN CIRCLES TILL I DISAPPEARED UP MY OWN ....!- I ACCIDENTALLY SPOKE TO X 2 PEOPLE. THE FIRST TOLD ME TO LEAVE IT AS IT WOULD ALL BE SORTED OUT WHEN THEY RECEIVED THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS AND THE SECOND TOLD ME TO GET BACK TO THE POST-OFFICE-WHICH HAPPENS TO BE EX-DIRECTORY-TO SORT IT OUT. SUPPOSE I'LL JUST HAVE TO TREK OUT THERE AGAIN AND EXPLAIN WHAT'S HAPPENED. ANNOYING THOUGH-I THOUGHT PEOPLE WERE SUPPOSED TO CHECK THE FORMS. I CHECKED OVER EVERYTHING ELSE OUT WITH THIS WOMAN AND SHE JUST NODDED AT EVERYTHING I SAID! SHOULD'VE KNOWN I'D FIND A MISTAKE!

tiredemma Tue 05-Apr-05 10:12:11

as long as she has a policy number then i cant see why there would be a problem.
if you had payed for insurance and it only had a policy number for 4 of you then there would be a problem.
i sell holiday insurance at work- its not unusual to put various people under different policy numbers, you just need to get the policy- although again this isnt absolutly vital providing you have all of the emergency contact numbers on your policy.
the insurance company will be aware from the post office that you have purchased insurance - the most important part is the actual policy number.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: