Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone else not received their Child Trust Fund voucher yet?

(20 Posts)
frogs Fri 01-Apr-05 14:31:49

?

kama Fri 01-Apr-05 14:33:12

Message withdrawn

frogs Fri 01-Apr-05 14:35:17

My dd2 was born in December 03, so they do know she exists! We had a preliminary notification months ago, but nothing since then.

expatinscotland Fri 01-Apr-05 14:35:43

I havent. Child born 19 June 2003.

kama Fri 01-Apr-05 14:36:46

Message withdrawn

zubb Fri 01-Apr-05 14:37:38

I haven't - Nov 03 baby.

frogs Fri 01-Apr-05 14:41:51

Obviously not just me then. I don't think it's the solution to all our savings needs either, but if someone offers my child £250, we might as well take it.

jessicasmummy Fri 01-Apr-05 15:10:11

i phoned them today, and was told it was sent out 2 days ago.... and said i wouldnt recieve it til early next week! How long does first class post take nowadays!!!!

franch Wed 20-Apr-05 14:11:44

We haven't got ours yet - baby born Jan 04.

davidjwest Wed 27-Apr-05 22:13:14

I got my sons voucher (he was born Jan 4th 2005) about two weeks ago, if you think it might have gone astray you can ring:

0845 302 1470

Good luck!

David ;-)
Child Trust Fund Guide

franch Fri 29-Apr-05 14:41:16

Thanks so much for this David. I just rang that number and they said yes, we should've received the voucher by now. I gave them my details and DD's details, and despite the fact that they sent me a letter back in Nov saying we'd be getting the voucher, and that I'm registered for child benefit, he could not find any record of either myself or DD on their system!!! He said he'd send our details off to head office and I should get the voucher in a few weeks' time. Glad I chased this up - would recommend others do the same!

zubb Fri 29-Apr-05 14:44:55

franch - same with me, there is no record of ds2 in the system. Need to phone them again actually to see if they have 'found us' yet!

franch Fri 29-Apr-05 14:46:08

What a palaver!

franch Tue 21-Jun-05 13:39:14

STILL haven't got ours - am going to ring again Anyone else??

zubb Tue 21-Jun-05 13:42:15

still not here either Franch. I have had a couple of leters saying that they are sorting the problem out, but can't yet issue me with the voucher - even though there is no dispute that I get child benefit for ds2. They even sent me their complaints procedure leaflet - so they know it's rubbish service.

franch Tue 21-Jun-05 13:46:00

Grr, I haven't even had that much, zubb! Zilch!!

franch Tue 21-Jun-05 13:54:34

Just phoned again .... still no record of us on their system!!! They said I should have received some sort of communication by now at least (no, really?), and if I don't hear anything within 10-15 days I'm to phone again. Hey ho.

Chuffed Tue 21-Jun-05 15:31:02

franch have been going through the same thing. I was advised on the phone when they had no record of me in the system the first time to write to:

Child Trust Fund Office
Waterview Park
Mandarin Way
Washington NE38 BQG

With the following details.

Own details, childs details
Since when we have been receiving child benefits
Maybe child benefit number

I did this and they then had me on the system, still hadn't received anything and each time I called they said it can take up to a month to get the cheque via 2nd class post . I finally talked to somebody who knew what they were talking about and they had sent it to the wrong address after 3 phone calls checking address details etc were correct. So I am now in the 3 wk wait for another. She also said that she would send out a complaint form as I figure they should recompensate you for lost interest on the money that could have been invested all this time.

jambo1707 Tue 21-Jun-05 16:21:13

twins born jan 04

Recieved and account activated

chicagomum Tue 21-Jun-05 17:07:55

my sister recieved hers for dd born nov 02 a few months ago(they got more than the £250 due to the interest that they would have recieved on it) if it is taking so long for them to send them out (my ds born dec04 and haven't recieved it yet) shouldn't we all be getting a little extra?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now