Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Anyone know if I'm entitled to anything?

(2 Posts)
swiperfox Mon 28-Mar-05 20:18:33

I don't want to sound like a scrounger here! but I'm struggling and last time I saw someone at the job centre about benefits they told me I wasn't entitled to anything because I live with my partner and he works. So are all 4 of us really meant to live from just his wage? I get child tax credit. He gets working tax credit but its only £35 every 4 weeks!! I get £80 a week but am struggling to live on it as all dp's money goes for the rent and bills.

Is there anything I should be claiming?

expatinscotland Mon 28-Mar-05 20:23:39

Child benefit. You should get that for all your kids. Also, if you're living in rented accommodation, perhaps housing benefit if you qualify. If he's already getting working tax and you're already getting child tax credits, that's about all I can think of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now