Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Child Tax Credits

(38 Posts)
flamesparrow Sun 27-Mar-05 13:24:09

Anyone know when the letters are meant to arrive telling us what we get this year???

I thought it would be here by now - they screwed up big time last year, and I have no idea what I will be on come April and need to work out money!!

No point in phoning the "help" line after previoous experiences with it!!!

tillykins Sun 27-Mar-05 13:24:58

have you tried the website?

lisa34 Sun 27-Mar-05 14:18:25

What a waste of time Tax credit is - I am still waiting to receive any money - they still haven't sorted out my original application - "we are still in the system" what a load of rubbish I am sick and tired of ringing the help line - nothing but a bunch of loosers anyone else having trouble with them?

flamesparrow Sun 27-Mar-05 18:02:25

The website is useless too

nutcracker Sun 27-Mar-05 18:03:13

Wish i could find out too as i think mine is going to go down

albosmum Sun 27-Mar-05 18:04:57

My letters arrived yesterday

mummy2b Fri 01-Apr-05 14:27:56

I have been having problems with my claim since June last year, and they still haven't sorted it out!

lilibet Fri 01-Apr-05 14:33:39

Got mine this week and it was £100 more per month than lat year and I can't figure out why.
All the info on teh form is correct.

expatinscotland Fri 01-Apr-05 14:34:29

No news for us, but that's not exactly surprising.

TheFoxWhoAteTheGingerbreadMan Fri 01-Apr-05 14:45:10

i applied online for my child tax credits and they were paid into my bank account the week after- in fact i was away at the time and couldn't work ut why i had more money in my a/c than usual!
When i got home i found the letter.
No probs- although they are due today and don't seem to have gone in yet, butmaybe they will be there later today./

nutcracker Fri 01-Apr-05 14:45:50

Hmmm wonder where mine is

velcrobott Fri 01-Apr-05 14:51:55

Until recently I had no problem at all and now I called to update DH's income (by £150 for the whole year!) as I want to be honest... in 1 (yes ONE) week I have received 3 different award notice with a difference of £100/month... what IS going on ?
I almost don't dare to call them.... in case it creates extra problem.

jessicasmummy Fri 01-Apr-05 14:54:58

i wish my letter would hurry up too.... could be interesting reading considering i only get £37 a week as it is

SeaShells Fri 01-Apr-05 15:03:32

AAAARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH f**king tax credits, my money hasnt gone in this week! Anyone else not got money this week?

SeaShells Fri 01-Apr-05 15:05:49

Trying to get any sort of answer out of them is like banging your head against a brick wall, I HATE tax credits, when we first applied, they didnt even give us any money for a year! Then they overpaid us, then now we are still getting letters for 2003-2004! Bunch of t**ers!

giraffeski Sun 03-Apr-05 14:18:53

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sun 03-Apr-05 14:19:58

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sun 03-Apr-05 14:28:39

Message withdrawn

giraffeski Sun 03-Apr-05 14:29:09

Message withdrawn

mummy2b Sun 03-Apr-05 20:50:46

I have been constant problems with my claim since june 2004, i have had to go to the inland revenue centres to receive hardship payments for i have been struggling (only £50 a go). Made constant phonecalls, nothing sorted, and now to top it all off, i received a letter saying what i was entitled to and the payments were supposed to go in on the 19/3/05 and guess what, no payments been received as of yet. Contacted again by phone to find out why and they are telling me that the payment has gone in!!! Where has it gone because i have not got anything from them!!! They must think i enjoy contacting them, but i am really getting F*$KED OFF with the AR$£HOLES!!!! So now i am sending it in writing to the complaints department and also to a lawyers company that deals with complaints for the inland revenues because i think i have give to many chances!!!
Hope no one else has to go through the same problems as me and if anything simular has just started happening, dont hang around like i have, get it sorted. Dont phone them, write! They are crap on the telephones!

expatinscotland Sun 03-Apr-05 20:55:55

mine comes around the 24th of every month. the call centre bloke said i'd get my renewal packet next week. just in time for my P60. haven't gotten a raise or that, so e/thing's still the same.

merrygoround Sun 03-Apr-05 20:57:08

For me it has been when things change that it all goes haywire. Last year dp moved out - that was fine , the credit went up, but when he moved back 5 months later I was never off the phone to them. And i'm quite used to dealing with official letters as I work in a semi legal capacity. Got the info on April 05 award last week - said we weren;t getting anything despite no change in circumstances. It is a nightmare - although I've had some helpful bods on the phone.

Libb Sun 03-Apr-05 21:16:22

Mine is also squiffy - I have just received the third assessment in a month and now I owe them £70 - despite the fact that I told them last week that my relationship has broken down!

My ex can't even be arsed to open his version of the letter so I burnt it in the garden. However, that is another rant!

butty Sun 03-Apr-05 21:19:42

yes lisa 34 i have been stuck on the system without a penny since i made a joint claim in begin of jan.
I was told on wednesday that the systems are being closed down and updated and that my award should be done by tues or weds of this week.
But i shall have to see the almost 1700 they owe in the bank first!!!!!!!!!

giraffeski Sun 03-Apr-05 22:18:22

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now