Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

just a quick one before i go to tescos - do they have to give me a refund?

(9 Posts)
swiperfox Wed 16-Mar-05 12:58:06

Hiya - I bought my Mum a Joss sTone cd for mothers day but i bought the one she already has and gave it back to me to get her the other one for easter. I bought it in tesco's and once when i took a dvd back there they refused to give me a refund and said their policy was to exchange it only. Can they do that? We're especially broke today so i was hoping to get a refund and buy the other one next week!!

helsi Wed 16-Mar-05 12:59:29

they might give you voucher to buy something else at a later date. I don't think they have to give oney back unless faulty or broken.

colditzmum Wed 16-Mar-05 12:59:32

No they don't have to give you a refund, it's not their fault your Mum already has the cd. They don't have to exchange it either.

TokenBloke Wed 16-Mar-05 13:01:19

I don't think they have to do anything at all. You bought the wrong one by mistake. If it was faulty then they have to repair / replace / refund it. They will not want to refund it as you might be buying it, taking a copy, then returning it.
(sorry!)

nnosam Wed 16-Mar-05 13:01:26

most shops do do exchange only on cds and dvd the reason is because it stops poeple buying a cd and copying it and then takening it back. however it is worth a try, ask they can only say yes or no.

swiperfox Wed 16-Mar-05 13:16:47

thanks for your help guys - never stopped to think maybe i can exchange it for vouchers and then use them for shopping!!

swiperfox Thu 17-Mar-05 15:16:52

I'm so impressed!! I went up to customer service , all humble asking if I could possibly change the cd for vouchers but would understand if not as it was my mistake blah blah blah..... and the guy just said "You can have a refund if you want?"

nnosam Thu 17-Mar-05 15:18:50

fantastic........

chloeb2002 Tue 29-Mar-05 19:11:22

I think if teh CD is in the wrapper they take it back? however with tescos i figure its whatever mood they are in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: